Opel said in the statement that the new Astra Convertible will be based on Opel/Vauxhall’s compact vehicle architecture which is also the basis for the current Astra, the Astra Sports Tourer and the upcoming Astra GTC. It will hit the market in 2013 –the same year that Opel/Vauxhall will also launch its chic and stylish small car meeting the growing demand for vehicles in line with a young and urban lifestyle.
Subsequent to a joint agreement between management and employee representatives during the restructuring at the Opel plant in Gliwice, Poland, the decision has been made to build the Cabrio at the highly-efficient Gliwice plant alongside other Astra models.
“The new Convertible will be a great addition to our product lineup,”said Opel/Vauxhall CEO Nick Reilly. “It follows the long-standing tradition of highly emotional and legendary Opel/Vauxhall Cabrios that provided important halo effects on our brand. With its sleek and elegantdesign, our new Convertible will fully deliver on that same promise.”
We have been told that Opel Astra Cabriolet will without the 1.4 liter non turbo.The range will begin with liter the 1.4 Turbo petrol at 120 hp and Astra Cabriolet will also be available in sporting GSi version with 220 hp 2.0 liter turbocharged engine.
The car will share many part in common with the current generation of Astra.So that the car will prices at very aggressive rates.
The car will have release date in 2013
- 2013 Opel compact SUV (Antara replacement) render and information
- Opel developing new minicar based on Trixx,here is rendering and information
- Opel Will Launch 13 New Models In Next Four Years,expect fiat 500 compettitor and Insignia OPC
- 2010-2011Opel Astra Wagon rendering
- 2011 Buick Excelle (Opel Astra derive sedan ) spyshot and infomation
- 2011-2012 Opel Corsa facelift rendering and information
- 2012 Opel Agila Rendering? Opel will developed own Agila
- 2013 Cadillac ATS rendering and information
- 2012 Opel B segment SUV/Crossover Spyshots and information
- 2011 Opel Zafira III spyshot and information