The confirmed information is the third generation Twingo will be based on the Smart ForFour as Mercedes Benz in partnership with Renault and its Japanese partner Nissan.
As many website reported,the Twingo3 built on a lengthened version of the Fortwo platform, the same one used for the 2014 Smart Forfour.
According to Autocar the Renault Twingo will use a new modular platform that is in the final stages of development at Mercedes-Benz’s R&D centre in Sindelfingen, Germany.
it’s interresting to see that the car will complete with its rear-engined/rear-drive layout. It will share this platform with Smart Forfour and will be built alongside it at Renault’s factory at Novo Mesto, Slovenia.
The engine will come from a new range of four-cylinder petrol and diesel engines that are under development as part of the Daimler/Renault-Nissan co-operation. Set to range in capacity from 1.2 to 1.8 litres, the new direct-injection petrol and common-rail diesel units will find their way into a wide range of compact Mercedes, Nissan, Renault and Smart models.
Expect both 3 or 4 cylinder and both 3 door and 5 door body style in twingo 3 .the car is expect to arrive in 2013
- Renault Micro Car,Rival to Toyota IQ and Smart ForTwo rendering and information
- Next generation Nissan 370Z rendering and information
- Smart ForTwo+2 SpyShots and information
- 2012 Renault Clio spyshots and information
- 2011-2012 Renault Megane III rendering and information
- 2013 Infiniti G 37 rendering
- Renault in partnership talks with Daimler and others
- 2012-2013 Renault-Nissan-Bajaj ULC small car rendering,heading to europe
- More information on Renault small crossover ( based on Captur) and new Compact Crossover
- 2013 Audi Q6 rendering and information