Japanese auto major Nissan Motor Company Tuesday said it may partner with India’s Hinduja Group flagship firm Ashok Leyland for launching a global compact car in India. Earlier in March, Nissan had announced that it was talking to Ashok Leyland for developing a global small car that could be priced around USD 4,500-5,000.
In India, the car could be positioned between the Tata Nano at the lower end and Maruti Swift at the upper end and would compete with the likes of the Alto from Maruti Suzuki, Dodge had said.
First product with India’s Ashok Leyland (NV 200) on stream next year
In mid-2011, the first LCV or compact truck will be rolled out of the truck maker’s Hosur factory in Tamil Nadu with the Ashok Leyland sticker, marking the Chennai-based firm’s entry in this category expect the car will be Nissan NV 200 cargo van or passenger van, followed by a second launch in 2013. Nissan will start marketing an LCV with its brand name, to be produced out of its Oragadam plant near Chennai, in the second half of 2011, according to Andrew Palmer, senior vice-president at Nissan.
The initial capacity will be that of 1,50,000 units per annum and around one-fifth will be earmarked for export purpose, he said.
Admin (Source aapui)
- Nissan Motor Co will soon offer a line-up of nine vehicles in India, include export March/Micra to Europe and build LCV
- Nissan March Sedan (codename L02b) New global Sub compact B-segment car from Nissan
- Nissan to Start Selling Small Car Nissan March/micra in India and export it to Europe from July 2010
- Over 80% of new car by 2025 will design in UIC country,Expect incredible fuel economy by 2020
- 2011-2012 Nissan Tiida replacement (TR or L12F codename ) to be global C segment car
- Nissan Juke/Qazana (X12C Codename) Rendering;B-segment crossover for global market
- Nissan Leaf awarded European Car of the Year 2011
- Spyshots Nissan Qazana (X12C Codename) B-segment crossover for global market
- Dacia Product roadmap 2011-2015
- Mitsubishi small global car will hit market in 2011